Oregon Bluegrass Association
Steve Waller Memorial Fund
Grant Award Information and Application
In honor of his significant contributions to music and the Oregon Bluegrass Association (OBA), the Steve Waller Memorial Fund (the Fund) was established after Steve’s passing in June 2015. The purpose of the Fund is to honor Steve through awarding financial grants to deserving individuals, to further their education, professional growth, or the advancement, preservation or support of bluegrass music.
Resources supporting the Waller Fund include: OBA general account funds, donations from the Oregon bluegrass community, and, potentially grants received from various other organizations. OBA’s goal is to receive enough support to endow the Waller Fund, so that the principal balance remains intact in perpetuity, and regular earnings support annual grant awards.
Until that point is achieved, OBA will strive to maintain financial resources to award funds deemed sufficient for recipients. OBA administers the Waller Fund. Grant awards may vary in amount, and may be awarded to one or more recipients. OBA’s Waller Fund Committee will review applications and recommend award recipient(s) and amount(s) to the OBA Board of Directors for final approval. The OBA aims to present the award annually at the Annual Meeting in April.
Steve Waller Memorial Fund grants will be awarded annually to individuals or groups with involvement in the Oregon Bluegrass community. The OBA Waller Fund Committee will consider all requests received through completion of the Waller Grant Application Form by the due date.
- Applicants must be an Oregon Bluegrass Association member (individual or band) and the primary award recipient must be an Oregon resident.
- Applicants must have a stated financial need.
- Applicants may request funds for musical tuition or lessons, professional development, or the advancement of the bluegrass genre.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Waller Grant Application Form by the due date.
- Applications may not be submitted by a current OBA Board Member or relative.
- Grant award payments will be made by OBA to the entity designated on the Waller Grant Application Form.
Use of Funds Report Form
(To be completed by April 1 of the calendar year following award receipt.)
Total of Award:
Please describe how the funds were used:
Growth of the Steve Waller Memorial Fund is dependent on support from the Oregon Bluegrass Community. Enthusiasm is contagious, and seeing what award funds can accomplish is the best way to encourage potential donors to make donations. We welcome you to present a brief presentation on your use of the Steve Waller Award at the Oregon Bluegrass Association annual membership meeting in April. If you are not able to attend the meeting, please submit a written statement, video, or audio statement/presentation to be shared at the meeting.